If you are not familiar what Basil is, this is a type of herbal plant with round-pointed leaves and very similar to the peppermint. Because the leaves present aromatic minty smell, many culinary experts are using them as flavorful natural herb seasoning to prepare delectable dishes. For the past centuries, many people consider this plant as the “King of Herbs” because of its enormous health benefits and notable healing power.
Do you want to know the different recognizable names and terms for this plant?
Review the listing below:
- Ocimum Basilicum
- St. Josephwort
- Basilic Grand
- Basilic Romain
- Common Basil
- Krisha Tulsi
- Grand Vert
- Sweet Basil among others
According to the history, this remarkable herbal plant originates from India, Philippines, Cambodia, Indonesia, Vietnam and other tropical Asian countries. These places use Basil for their cooking and medicinal purposes because it can grow and multiple faster in tropical areas. Because this herb has impressive culinary features, it is now one of the main ingredients of many Italian dishes such as Pesto soups, delectable pasta meals, pizzas and a lot more.
Like any other popular ancient herbs in the world, this particular mint-taste plant boasts its own nutritional values. To mention few of them include the following:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
When we talk about the different health benefits of Basil for the body, it is important to learn them properly and benefit greatly later on. Remember that for the past centuries, different cultures had been using this kind of herb to produce natural medicines, herbal oils and delectable cuisines worldwide. Of course, the most important thing about this exceptional plant is it can cure some health problems without taking expensive medicinal drugs.
Here are some treatable health issues when using Basil:
- Kidney Stones Problem – because this type of herbal plant contains natural substances that serve as powerful toners, it can help treat a person who has kidney problem. To complete the treatment process, it is important to consume 1-2 cups of Basil tea each day. By doing this, it can tone and detoxify the kidneys to keep them functional and healthy. This kind of herbal drink can naturally eliminate the kidney stones through proper urination. Because of this, it helps the affected person regains his or her normal strength and with healthier kidneys. To make this natural tea even more powerful, it is best to mix at least 1 teaspoon of natural honey extract. For best result, a person needs to consume this healthful beverage regularly for at least 3-4 months.
If you want to learn how to create a delicious and healthful Basil tea, you can refer to the shared information below:
4 tablespoon of fresh Basil leaves
1 cup of water
1 teaspoon of pure honey (optional)
(Makes 1 serving per cup of water)
While starting to boil the water, chop the fresh leaves finely and put inside a medium-sized cup. Once the water boiled, pour the hot water into the cup and let steep for at least 10-15 minutes. Afterwards, a person can drink the medium hot extract to start healing the kidney problem.
Simple repeat the process on how many cups to consume daily and make sure to use fresh leaves always to make the healing process more effectively.
- Intestinal Gas – we have to admit that this particular health issue is normal and continue to affect countless of people worldwide. Of course, the condition is annoying and triggers discomfort if left untreated. If you are not familiar with such condition, this kind of vapor contains carbon dioxide, nitrogen and hydrogen. It is odorless but caused by bacteria and affects the rectum. With the many available home remedies to deal with this problem, one of the most trusted solutions is by drinking fresh juice made from extracted Basil leaves. Similar to drinking pure extracted ginger juice, it has the same powerful healing substance than can eliminate gas naturally when taken in a regular basis. Likewise, it is easier to create herbal chewable Basil balls using fresh leaves. When treating intestinal gas, it is important to chew at least two small balls when the stomach is still empty for best results. With this kind of benefit, health experts even consider this natural remedy as one of the best anti-gas homeopathic treatment.
- Aging Problem – there are conducted scientific researches that proved about the benefit of using Basil leaves to prevent aging in natural way. According to involved researchers, the leaves of this impressive herb contain powerful anti-aging properties that can keep the smoothness and healthiness of the skin. The fresh extracted juice of the Holy Basil leaves can eradicate the dead skin cells and damaging bacteria to restore the overall beauty of the skin. Likewise, this kills the bacteria to prevent other related skin disorders effectively. This particular herb contains anti-oxidant properties to prevent the drying of the skin.
- Reduce swelling and inflammation – based on the study of some health experts, which they presented at the annual gathering of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society in Manchester, using Basil natural oil can help reduce swelling and inflammation caused by arthritis, skin allergy or asthma. When using the oil on the affected area, it eliminates the inflammation and discomfort by almost 75%. In addition, this herbal oil can prevent or block the unhealthy enzyme (COX) that causes the inflammation naturally. Because of this kind of healthy benefit, they consider this herbal remedy as one of the best anti-inflammatory agent without harmful effects. Moreover, the oil enables the blood stream flowing freely to eliminate the pain.
- Prevents cardiovascular disease – as mentioned above, Basil contains remarkable nutrient and that include vitamin A. Because of this, health professionals considered this plant as an effective home remedy to prevent cardiovascular disease to keep the heart functional and healthy. Remember that vitamin A is a good source of Beta-Carotene and this is crucial in keeping the cell walls active by eliminating the toxins or free radical inside the body. On this, it improves the flowing of the blood and flushes out the unhealthy fats to protect the heart from any health issues.
Besides these aforementioned health benefits, it is also possible to include the fresh leaves when making delicious and healthful salad. Because of containing natural properties and essential nutrients, you will definitely benefit from eating the salad. Today, many health experts, herbalists and nutritionists are beginning to show interest on the different remarkable benefit of using Basil as proven natural remedy.