If we talk about the most popular spices on earth, we cannot deny the fact that Turmeric is among the best. This particular herb is one of the favorite choices in preparing delectable cuisines worldwide. One reason is it provides the exact warm and peppery taste, which makes the dishes more healthful with stronger aroma and its natural color inside, is dark yellowish like curry. In India, they have been using this amazing spicy herb for the past thousands years and they continue to experience the different great benefits.
Before we start discussing the many health benefits of this amazing herbal root plant, it is important to learn its exact origin. To give us a clearer understanding, they call this as the Curcuma Longa or Indian Saffron and recognized as the “Queen of Spices” by thousands of culinary experts from various countries. In terms of medicinal purposes, this is a very powerful herb because it contains the following natural substances:
- Antibacterial compound
- Anti-carcinogenic compound
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Antifungal compound
- Loaded with calcium
- Vitamin C, E and K
- Dietary Fiber
- Potassium and
- Essential protein
With these aforementioned natural substances, many health experts believe that this spicy herb has more powerful nutrient compared to vegetables and fruits. This brown-skinned root plant is one of the best ingredients for many Indian and Chinese alternative medicines on the market. For many years now, they continue to use it as a natural condiment for foods and for different textile dye products as well.
Nowadays, more and more people are beginning to show great interest about the different health benefits of Turmeric in treating various diseases naturally. To learn more about the diseases it can treat, it is very important to spend a little time reading and evaluating the shared useful list below:
- Can treat Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) – because this kind of herb contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants, it can quickly eliminate the toxins or free radicals inside the body. Like when treating rheumatoid arthritis, health experts say that by simply including this herbal substance on the foods of a sufferer, this helps much in reducing the pain and swelling on the affected joints. Likewise, there are available supplements made from pure Turmeric and these are very effective than taking expensive Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug (NSAID) products. This ancient medicinal plant is safer to use, does not trigger negative effects when treating RA naturally and repair the damaged tissues for faster recovery. However, it is always important to research more about this particular homeopathic remedy to avoid any kind of trouble before starting the treatment process, especially the exact amount to consume.
- Can prevent Cancer – for the past years, researchers are continuously learning about the possibility to treat cancer with Turmeric. Based on the studies of these experts, the curcumin substance is responsible in defeating the cancerous cells to prevent serious ailments like breast cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, leukemia and more. When a patient consumes more of this herb daily, this provides the body with the right nutrient to reduce the chances of tumor formation and keeps the DNA cells healthy. Like what we mentioned above, there are available natural supplements made from this amazing herbal root. On the other hand, it is very important to determine the reputation of the company before investing for these offered products. In most cases, the recommended amount to consume each day is at least one gram, but may increase when not obtaining the exact level of improvement to treat the problem better.
- Can treat Diabetes – this kind of disease is fatal if left untreated, especially if a sufferer does not have money to spend for the prescribed medicinal drugs. Is there any other inexpensive solution to treat this particular disease? Lately, there are professional healthcare providers who revealed the possibility of curing diabetes with Turmeric because it detoxifies the body naturally. This powerful herbal solution can reduce the extreme levels of blood sugar, which is the main culprit why this health condition manifests quickly. They call this reduction as hypoglycemia reaction and very effective for those who have Type 2 diabetes. The natural healing substances of this remarkable herb can control the exact insulin level of the body to keep it healthier and assures positive long-term effect. Despite of the benefit, it is still necessary to gather additional information in determining the exact dosage to consume based on the condition of the diabetic person.
- Can treat Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) – as for individuals with IBD problem, using turmeric have been a proven natural cure to treat the problem naturally. One of the most powerful substances coming from this kind of herb that quickly eliminates the inflammation and swelling is the curcumin. This substance contains the exact inflammatory agent (NF kappa-B) and antioxidant properties. Based on the studied researches about the effectiveness of this natural treatment, a person suffering from this disease must eat flavorful foods with curry and turmeric because this can help reduce the infection affecting the intestines to prevent such disease. With the other important elements found in this popular ancient herb, it likewise improves the functionality of the digestive system to prevent gas spasm, bloating and indigestion. According to a conducted study, it is advisable to consume a small slice of raw Turmeric and not the available supplements when suffering from indigestion.
- Can prevent Liver Disease – another very interesting benefit when using this powerful herb is it can prevent the symptoms of liver disease. From the scientific studies of some expert researches, the body can detoxify the harmful elements and cancerous cells effectively when it absorbs foods with natural spices like Turmeric. These foods can keep the liver healthy and functional when consumed in moderation. When we talk about the foods to eat, these include our favorite potato fries with Turmeric powder, healthful drinks and green salads. Because this herbal root can help prevent this fatal health condition, health experts consider it as an effective detoxifying agent to flush out the toxins inside the body and improves the circulation of the blood too. On the other hand, this kind of treatment is not advisable for those who have problem with gallstones.
If we review all the shared information on this article, we can really discover the benefits when using Turmeric in treating various health problems and in adding natural spice on the different healthful dishes. Yet like any other herbal plants out there, we need to determine the exact amount to consume and the potential unwanted effects. Think that proper understanding is crucial to prevent any complication, whether we use such herb to improve our health or in treating a particular disease naturally.
Lastly, the market is continuously offering us different supplements, condiments and alternative medicinal solutions made from pure Turmeric. On this, we ought to be cautious about these products and must not focus on using them always. It is best to choose the available natural home remedies without negative effects.