Duricef is an antibiotic used for the treatment of infections caused by bacteria. It is taken orally, and interferes with the cell wall formation of the bacteria. As a result, the cell wall is weakened, ultimately killing the bacteria.
However, not everyone can take this medication. If a person is allergic to any ingredients found in Duricef, do not use it. If in case it is taken, contact the physician right away for immediate medical intervention.
Things To Know Before Using Duricef
There are factors to consider before using Duricef. There are medical conditions that may hinder the effects of the medication. It is ideal to tell the doctor if you have other medical conditions. Here is the list of the conditions that might interact with the use of Duricef:
- If you take other prescription medications
- If you are a pregnant mother and/or breastfeeding
- If you have any allergic reactions to foods, other substances and medications
- If you are suffering blood clotting problems
How You Must Take Duricef?
- It is important to take note that this medication must be taken as recommended by your doctor. Always check the label of the medication to know about the dosage.
- Duricef can be taken with or with no food. If in case a stomach upset is inevitable, you can take the medication with food. This helps in the reduction of stomach irritation.
- If in case you have missed one dose of the medication, make sure to take it right away. In the event that the time is almost for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Return to your regular schedule. It is vital not to take two dosages of the medicine at the same time.
- Be sure to take Duricef for the whole course of the treatment. This ensures that you can get the optimal effect of the medication, and the infection will clear up completely.
What Are The Side Effects Of Duricef?
Here are the possible side effects when using the medication:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of the nose, throat or tongue
- Body aches
Reviews Of People Say After Using Duricef
Reviews of Duricef may vary from one user to another. But most of the people who have taken the medication reported to have achieved positive results. In terms of drug efficiency, they said that it helped them recover from the bacterial infection in short duration. Plus, the ease of use of the medication has helped most people to take it without any problem.
Safety Information You Must Know About Duricef
If you suffer from severe diarrhea, bloody stools or stomach cramps, contact your physician straight away. Don’t self medicate without seeking help from your doctor. Also, it is a must to take note that this medication only works against bacteria. It cannot treat any infections caused by another threat (e.g. virus). Overall, if you have any questions that you need to clear before using the medication, seek help from your doctor. This is important if you wish to improve your health and effectively eliminate bacterial infection.