Ginger (Zingiber officinale) is a typical cooking ingredient used in different Asian countries for the past centuries. They enjoy using this kind of herbal plant because it assures many healthful benefits. Of course, this herb is safer, very effective and does not trigger undesirable effect when treating various health problems naturally.
As for many health experts out there, they consider this plant as a special natural herb with complete medicinal properties such as the following:
- Analgesic compounds
- Antibacterial elements
- Anti-clogging agent
Remember these are all important components to allow us experience the incredible benefits when using Ginger as an effective homeopathic remedy. On the other hand, it is still necessary to evaluate them appropriately before the actual usage.
When did they discover the usefulness of Ginger?
It was almost 2500 years ago when some herbalists from China discovered the usefulness of this powerful herbal plant. Even though a lot of Chinese are already using it for various cooking purposes that time, these herbalists made their experiments to prove the effectiveness of Ginger for Nausea. This is aside from treating other health problems such as Rheumatoid Arthritis and Upset Stomach among others.
Besides the Chinese, people living in the Northern part of America and in Greece are already using this herb in making herbal drinks. They believe that the natural components of Ginger can help neutralize the acid in the stomach, aids in proper digestion and prevents any kind of discomfort.
What health benefits do we expect from Ginger?
To help us understand the realistic health benefits of Ginger, it is important to read the best information for this matter. For instance when treating Nausea, they use this herbal plant instead of taking prescribed medicines to treat the problem. Likewise, the available expensive medicinal drugs can trigger drowsiness and might damage the central nervous system of the body when taken regularly. Because of kind concern, it is best for the affected person to consider eating a slice of this herb to defeat the problem without experiencing negative effects. Of course, this is an inexpensive natural remedy at home because it does not require spending huge amount of money.
Below is the list of diseases that Ginger can treat:
- Can treat the pain due to osteoarthritis
Because this herb contains powerful anti-inflammatory agents, there are proven scientific researches that it can treat the pain due to osteoarthritis. In most cases, this painful sensation manifest on the knee and the pain is really agonizing if left untreated. To help eliminate the pain, it is important to apply the Ginger root paste on the affected knee for at least 2-3 times daily. For best result, the process of treatment must be completed for 3-5 days or until when the pain is gone.
- Can treat the symptoms of Asthma
When doing proper research online, the Internet can provide useful information on how this powerful herbal plant can help in treating the symptoms of Asthma. Based on the studies of the American Thoracic Society International Conference (ATS) back in 2013, asthma sufferers can include this type of herb on the foods they eat to add a little spice. By doing this, these people experience the kind of relief they need to breathe easily. Likewise, it is important to drink natural Ginger tea to help loosen the tight bronchial tubes and increase the air that enters the lungs.
- Here are 2 of the most favorite recipes for this herbal tea
Ginger with Honey – Ingredients needed
8-10 pieces of sliced raw Ginger (add more slices for a stronger blend)
1 cup of water
2 tablespoons of Honey Bee Extract
After peeling and slicing the Ginger thinly, include the slices in the water and boil it for about 15 minutes in medium fire. After boiling and simmering, add the Honey Bee Extract and mix well before drinking the hot tea.
Gingerroot with Peppermint – ingredients needed
1 piece of Gingerroot (a small size can do)
2 cups of water
1 bag of Peppermint tea
After washing and peeling the Ginger, slice it into coin shapes. Boil the water for about 5 minutes then add the slices, Peppermint tea and continue boiling the mixture for 10 minutes in medium fire. Afterwards, let the mixture to steep before drinking it. By consuming at least 1 cup of this herbal tea, it can help the body prevent the symptoms of Asthma naturally.
Remember these detailed procedures are helpful in treating other health issues such as cold and flu, besides improving the respiratory system. Usually, people who leave in cold places are familiar with this kind of effective home remedy to stay fit. They likewise continue doing researches about the different health benefits of Ginger, which include detoxifying the body to keep the bloodstream clean and healthy.
Can help prevent Ovarian Cancer
According to the study of the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center (UMCCC), a person who is suffering from ovarian cancer can use Ginger powder to help eliminate the cancerous cells. When completing the process of treatment, it is as simple as applying the natural powder on the ovarian to help kill the cancer cells. To avoid any discomfort, it is important to apply the right amount of powder on the affected area.
Below is the list of minor health issues that Ginger can treat:
- Can treat chronic pain ~ Chronic pain is a very popular health issue that continues to affect millions of individuals worldwide. So now, can Ginger essential oil treat the pain and inflammation due to this health problem? Remember because this ancient herb contains powerful anti-Inflammatory substances, it can reduce the discomfort effectively. The procedure is easier by applying few amount of the oil on the affected body part and massaging it gently, this can eliminate the painful sensation to bring back the mobility of a person. At times, there are sufferers who visit an expert massage therapist to complete the process because this expert knows how to manipulate the bones and joints to regain their normal strength.
- Can treat allergies due to respiratory problem ~ When we talk about treating allergies due to respiratory problem, this herbal root can definitely treat such problem without depending on medicines. Because the root contains decongestant and antihistamine substances, they serve as vital elements in removing the blockages in the affected bronchial tubes. By simply eating a fresh slice of this root, it provides the body with the exact comfort it needs and gradually improves the wellness of the respiratory system. With this kind of health benefit, it is advisable to include this herb in our daily diet to prevent such allergies but in moderation.
- Can prevent anesthesia reactions ~ This is another proven health benefit when using fresh Ginger root. According to a conducted scientific research, eating a gram of this amazing herbal root can help prevent different anesthesia reactions when undergoing surgical procedure. How does it help a person who will undergo surgery? Before injecting the anesthesia, it is important for a person to eat the required amount at least an hour before the procedure. On the other hand, it is important not to disregard the exact amount to prevent unwanted effects.
- Can treat Nausea or Motion Sickness ~ For pregnant women who are experiencing Nausea or Motion Sickness, it is possible for these individuals to treat the problem using this popular herbal root plant. The procedure is easier by simply eating one gram of Ginger (in powdered form) every morning, this helps in reducing the symptoms of motion sickness and vomiting too. However, a pregnant woman for about 2-3 months, it is important to determine any possible side effect before treating Nausea.
- Can eliminate unwanted toxins ~ There are individuals who have weak immune system because of having unwanted toxins inside the body. With the help of this impressive herb, it is easier to detoxify the body and eliminate the toxins naturally. To complete the process of treatment, a person only needs to grate a small sized of Ginger root and the mix in a pail of water use for taking a bath. It is important to soak the body for 20-30 minutes to eradicate the toxins and improve the circulation of the blood as well. Moreover, this kind of natural remedy can help reduce muscle pain and soreness.
There are folks who invest money to buy supplements made from Ginger these days. However, most of the available products do not assure quality results because some manufacturers are using harmful ingredients. To avoid any concern and not spending a lot of cash, it is best to consider the advantage of using the Internet and learn how to make Ginger Ale. This natural mixture can help in treating dandruff, improves circulatory system, reduce muscle pain, prevent cough and fever.
With the help of the Internet, it is easier to discover the best Ginger Ale recipe online when preparing such healthful mixture. To complete the process when creating this type of herbal mixture, it is important to prepare the necessary ingredients and follow the exact instructions with care.
- Ingredients needed
A Small fresh Ginger root (sliced and minced)
Organic sugar (half cup)
Lemon juice extract (half cup)
Sea salt (half teaspoon)
Whey (1/4 cup)
Filtered water (8 cups with chlorine)
Combine 3 cups of water, organic sugar, sea salt and minced roots in a saucepan then boil 5 minutes. Afterwards, simmer the boiled mixture for about 3 minutes to dissolve the ingredients properly. When the mixture is cold already, add the remaining water, the lemon juice extract and whey (1/4 cup only to prevent over fermentation) then stir it well to mix all the ingredients better.
After cooling the mixture completely, pour it in a clean glass jar with air-tight lid and leave in a low temperature place for 2 days before transferring the jar inside the refrigerator. Before drinking the mixture, it is important to check any fermentation and strain it properly for best result.
Finally, there are a few important reminders to consider when using this type of herbal plant. Remember it is very crucial for a person who has gallstones not to use Ginger root to prevent any complication. Likewise, some individuals who use this herb had experienced skin rashes, hives and breathing problem because they are allergic to it, but not a fatal issue. Despite of these issues, we can always consider this ancient holistic plant as one of the best and trusted homeopathic remedies in the world today.