Diabetes is a condition that can affect people from all walks of life. It is a kind of metabolic disease in which a person suffers from high levels of glucose in the blood. There are two reasons why the high glucose level occurs. The first one involves the body not having the ability to supply adequate insulin. The second one is when the body does not properly respond to insulin. Either of these factors will make way for diabetes to take place, or a person could also suffer from both of these at the same time. If a person suffers from an increased level of blood sugar, he/she could experience frequent urination, intense hunger and increased thirst.
Today, there are home remedies for diabetes that everyone must know about. Although there are prescription drugs used to treat diabetes, it is important to make sure to consider the natural treatments first. Why would you consider the natural treatment for diabetes? First, it is a cheaper alternative compared to prescription medications. Second, natural remedies for diabetes do not pose any side effects to patients, which is why it is ideal to take advantage of these treatments first. Nevertheless, before you go on and try the natural treatments to deal with diabetes., make sure to consult the doctor first. This is important because it will ensure that you are good to take the home remedies for diabetes.
Types Of Diabetes
There are three types of diabetes known today. You have to know these types to understand which one of them is affecting a certain person.
Type 1 Diabetes – This type of diabetes involves the body not having the ability to produce insulin. Type 1 diabetes is likewise known as insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile diabetes. Most people who have this type of diabetes develops it before the age 40, most of the time during their teenage years. However, type 1 diabetes is not common. Patients with this kind of diabetes require to take injections of insulin as long as they live. Also, a regular blood screening is needed, along with a particular diet.
Type 2 Diabetes – Type 2 diabetes is the type of diabetes in which the body does not properly function to produce normal levels of insulin. Also, it is a result of the lack of reaction of the body to insulin, also known as insulin resistance. Almost 90% of all the cases of diabetes all over the world are type 2 diabetes. This type of diabetes can be controlled by lifestyle and diet modifications. However, it is a progressive disease that gets worse over time. Patients with this type of diabetes need to take insulin that usually comes in tablet form. Also, the onset of type 2 diabetes is more frequent among obese people than those with ideal body weight.
Gestational Diabetes – Gestational diabetes occurs during pregnancy. Some women have the tendency to produce high levels of blood glucose. Their bodies are not able to produce the proper amount of insulin to transport all the glucose in the cells.
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Diabetes?
It is also important to know the signs of symptoms of diabetes. Although most of these symptoms are typical, you cannot avoid the fact that these symptoms could affect the quality of your life. There are the most common signs and symptoms of diabetes:
- Frequent urination
- Increased thirst
- Extreme hunger
- Blurring of vision
- Significant loss of weight
- Extreme fatigue
- Tingling or numbness in the hands and the feet
- Early detection of the condition is important to get rid of the symptoms from occurring. It is a must to go to
- your doctor to discuss the right intervention on how to manage diabetes.
What Are The Home Remedies For Diabetes That You Must Consider?
Now that you have an idea about the three types of diabetes, it is important to take note of the home remedies that actually matter when it comes to controlling the condition. If you have diabetes, then you have to deal with it for as long as you live. You cannot completely treat it and get rid of it, but you can control it. This helps you go on with your life normally. The type 2 diabetes is the most common diabetes, so you have to know the best remedies that can fight off the signs and symptoms of diabetes.
- Aloe Vera And Diabetes, Control The Condition Like A Boss – Aloe vera is one of the best home remedies for different ailments. In this case, aloe vera also works for the management of diabetes. It has healing, soothing and rejuvenating properties, making way for many people to consider it. There are studies suggesting that the juice extract from aloe vera helps in the improvement of the glucose level in the blood. That being said, it is useful for the treatment of diabetes. In addition, aloe vera also helps in decreasing the blood lipids among patients with elevated levels of this substance in the blood.
Aloe vera can also help decrease the inflammation, as well as the efficient healing of wound. Ulcers and wounds in the leg are common among people with diabetes, which is why taking an aloe juice can keep the problem at bay. The healing factor of the body is impaired if a person has a diabetes, which is why aloe vera can help. Aloe vera can be grown at home, and it is available any time of the year. You can plant aloe vera plants at home to help you gain access whenever you want.
- Bitter Gourd And Its Effects For Diabetes – Bitter gourd, or bitter melon, is a type of vegetable popular in Eastern countries. From the name itself, it has a bitter taste, but it packs up all the benefits to fight off the signs of different conditions, including diabetes. It can be used either as a food or a medicine. This vegetable contains at least three active substances. Each of these substances has anti-diabetic properties, and they are confirmed to lower the glucose level in the blood. These substances are known as charantin, vicine and polypeptide-p. Although these compounds may work individually, then can likewise work together to help in significantly reducing the levels of the blood sugar.
- Okra Against Diabetes – Okra is a vegetable with heaps of benefits for the health. In particular, okra helps get rid of the signs and symptoms of diabetes by controlling the condition. It has a good source of fiber and it has a low glycemic index. Patients with diabetes must not have any added sugar intake because they already have high blood sugar level. Okra is safe for consumption.
Even though there is no scientific evidence to support the claim of people that okra can get rid of the problem, okra is still safe for consumption. Okra is a natural source of antioxidants, too, which is why it is generally good for the health. You can prepare an okra drink to help deal with diabetes. First, you have to cut off the ends of a few okras. Soak the okras in water overnight. The next morning, take away the okras from the water, then drink the water before breakfast.
- Avocado A Super food For Diabetics? – Avocado is another great home remedy for diabetes. It contains all the essential vitamins and nutrients that you need to ward off diabetes and its effects. Plus, it has electrolytes, potassium and magnesium. As a matter of fact, avocados have more potassium than bananas. Potassium is essential for people with diabetes because it helps prevent diabetic neuropathy. Avocado is high in fiber and monounsaturated fat. This helps in the control if blood sugar among people with diabetes. If you have a diabetes, then you are likewise prone to stroke and heart disease. A medium-sized avocado must be included in your daily intake.
- Oatmeal Is The Real Deal – Studies have shown that a diet rich in fiber and whole-grain foods can reduce the signs of diabetes to almost 42 percent. Oatmeal is one of the most excellent sources of both fiber and whole-grain. Oatmeal is likewise packed with soluble fiber. It slows down the absorption of the glucose from the stomach. That being said, it helps to control the level of the sugar in the blood. Oatmeal has to be taken during breakfast every day. To make sure that you will not get tired of eating it, add nuts on top of your oatmeal. Nuts are also a rich source of healthy fat.
- Yogurt, The Low Fat Variants – Low-fat yogurt can be taken if you want to deal with diabetes effectively. It contains high quality carbohydrates along with protein. These substances can help make a terrific choice of food for diabetics. They can likewise avoid the unhealthy increase of sugar in the blood. Also, there is a series of studies showing that low-fat yogurt can help avoid the further dangers of diabetes. If you are in the market, be sure to pick the low-fat variety of yogurt to get the effects that you need to control diabetes.
Exercises To Control Diabetes That You Can Perform At Home
If you want to still live a healthy and active life even if you have diabetes, then you have to consider these exercises and workouts. Not only do these activities will get you going. They can likewise enhance your overall health. However, before you sweat it out, you have to get the approval of our doctor. No matter how much you are eager to take advantage of your condition, it is still important to seek help from the doctor.
Why? Because diabetes is a serious condition. One wrong move and you might have another health problem. The doctors will help you know if you are ready for several workouts. Likewise, your doctor can help you know which parts of the day matter when it comes to working out. Here are the workouts you have to keep in mind if you want to stay fit and healthy, and get rid of other complications brought by diabetes:
Make your exercise scheme a habit – There is nothing wrong if you will make your workout a habit. Just make sure that before each workout, you must take your foods and appropriate medicines. These will help avoid low blood sugar.
Strength training – One of the best ways to help optimize your health is strength training. It helps to control the level of blood sugar. Lifting weights or simply working with resistance bands can assist you in the control of the blood sugar levels. If you do not have weights at home, exercises like push-ups, lunges and squats will help.
Yoga – Yoga is another exercise you can do to ward off the signs of diabetes. Yoga can help you in several ways. This exercise helps in fighting insulin resistance, body fat and it can improve the function of the nerve. These factors are all important to diabetes. Stress can also be prevented hen you do yoga. Remember that the higher the level of stress, the more evident the increase in blood sugar levels would be.
Walking – Simple walking alone helps to tone the body and it can also help manage diabetes. It is a form of aerobic exercise. Brisk walking, in particular, helps a person to increase the heart rate. It is beneficial for people with diabetes, as it promotes efficient blood circulation all around the body.
Why The Natural Remedies For Diabetes Are Important?
If you want to efficiently manage diabetes, then it is important to consider these home remedies. Overall, there is nothing wrong if you will take advantage of these remedies. They are natural, and they will help you in terms of overall health. They are proven safe and effective for a person suffering from the condition. However, before you take any of these home remedies to deal with the condition, you must first consult your doctor. Diabetes is a serious health condition, which could be fatal if left untreated. As much as possible, make sure that these home remedies are safe.