Acne is a common disorder among teens, but it can likewise affect adults. Basically, acne is a medical condition known as Acne Vulgaris. It is a disease of the skin involving the oil glands. As mentioned, it commonly takes place during puberty or pre-adolescent stage. Acne is not life-threatening, but it can leave nasty scars if not taken care of right away. If you want to preserve the quality of your skin, you must know how to deal with acne without leaving any skin scars. This is important, especially if you are a woman.
There are several types of acne today that affect millions of people around the world. Acne bacteria may cause pimples, which is why you must know the onset of the condition before you treat it. Here are the common pimple types a person could possibly get:
- Blackheads – Blackheads are evidently visible, because they are black and they appear on the skin surface. These impurities are not caused by any dirt.
- Whiteheads – Whiteheads tend to remain underneath the skin and they are small in size.
- Pustules – Pustules are also visible on the skin surface, and they are red in color, with a pus on the top.
- Papules – Papules are usually pink and small in appearance and they are likewise visible on the skinsurface.
- Nobules – Nobules are likewise visible on the surface of the skin. Unlike pustules and papules, nobules are large and they are solid. At the same time, they are painful to touch.
- Cysts – Cysts are the types of pimples that can easily leave scars. They are visible on the surface and they are painful.
Causes Of Acne
Experts do not know the real cause of acne. However, they believe that the primary cause of the condition is due to the increase in the androgen levels. When a person reaches the adolescent period, his/her androgen levels will rise. That being said, the oil glands under the skin will grow, which can likewise produce more oil. The excess of sebum could break down the cellular walls in the pores. Ultimately, as a result of this process, bacteria will grow, making way for acne to arise. On the other hand, there are studies suggesting that the cause of acne could possibly be genetic. There are medications that contain androgen and lithium, which can cause acne.
What Are The Home Remedies For Acne That Can Treat It Fast?
There are different natural treatment that can actually help treat acne. Before you go to the dermatologist, you must be sure to consider the natural acne treatments. These treatments will provide help to eliminate acne in its root cause. Plus, the fact that these are natural remedies will help you understand that they do not pose any threat to the health. Here are the acne treatments that matter:
- Ice – Did you know that ice can keep acne at bay? Ice can help you reduce the redness and the swelling caused by acne. It also helps in the improvement of the blood circulation to the affected site. Plus, it can provide ways to tighten the pores and give your skin a blemish-free look. You can use ice or ice cubes with utmost convenience. You can wrap the ice in a cloth and apply them and press gently on the affected area for a few seconds. You can do it until the ice completely melts.
- Garlic – Garlic is a versatile home remedy for the treatment of several conditions. In this case, it can be used to treat acne. It has antiseptic, antiviral, antioxidant and antifungal properties that can help speed up the recovery from acne. Likewise, it contains sulfur, which is why it can promote a quick acne treatment. Preparing it as a home remedy is quite simple. First, you can cut a clove of garlic into two. Then, rub the garlic on the affected site, and leave it there for about five minutes before washing it with water. You can repeat the treatment several times each day.
Furthermore, if you can, eating raw garlic can help purify your blood. This also helps in the efficient circulation in the body, particularly in the area where acne takes place. Nevertheless, do not eat raw garlic too much, as it might only cause stomach upset.
- Tea tree oil – Tea tree oil is an effective acne treatment. Its antibacterial properties can help fight the bacteria causing acne and other skin problems. Tea tree oil also has a soothing effect to eliminate the inflammation and the redness of the acne. Plus, it can get rid of whiteheads and blackheads. Using it is simple. Dip a cotton ball in a tea tree oil and apply it on the affected site. After 15 minutes, you can wash your face with lukewarm water. Another thing to consider is to mix a few drops of tea tree oil in one tablespoon of aloe vera gel. You can apply it to the affected area and leave it there for about 20 minutes. Then, you can rinse it off. Nevertheless, if your skin is sensitive, you have to check first if tea tree oil can be used.
- Lemon – Lemon is another treatment for acne. It is rich in vitamin C, and the extract from the lemon helps the pimples dry up in a faster manner. Make sure to use the fresh juice of the lemon and not the bottled juice. As much as possible, the lemon has to be fresh. You can dip a cotton ball to the lemon extract, then apply it to the affected area. This can be done before you go to bed. On the other hand, you can likewise mix a tablespoon of lemon juice with a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Apply the mixture in the affected site before sleep. Right after you wake up, you can wash the skin with lukewarm water. Just be sure that your skin is not too sensitive to lemon.
- Toothpaste – There is a debate whether toothpaste can get rid of acne, or it could only make the condition worse. This particular method is more effective if you do it after you put ice. If you are going to use toothpaste, make sure that it is the white variant, and not the gel variants. Using it is pretty simple. Take a dab of white toothpaste to your finger. Then, apply it to the affected area. Leave it there for a few hours and then wash it off. You can use it once every day for a few weeks, or until the acne subsides.
- Baking Soda – Another great remedy for acne is baking soda. It helps in exfoliating the skin to remove the excess dirt, dead skin and oil. Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with lemon juice. If you do not have lemon juice, water will do. Then, you must wash your skin first, but make sure to leave it slightly damp. Use the past and apply it to the areas where there is acne and let it dry for a few minutes. Take caution in using baking soda. It must never be left on the skin for more than a few minutes because it could cause irritation or dryness. Afterwards, wash your face with lukewarm water. This process can be done two times a day to get a quick result.
- Cucumber – If you are looking for an effective home treatment for acne, then you have to consider cucumber. It is a rich source of potassium and vitamins A, C and E. Also, its soothing and cooling will let your skin feel refreshed. You can cut on or two fresh cucumbers and soak them in water. Leave them for a few hours. The nutrients will then be transferred to the water. In return, you can drink the water, or you can use it to wash your face or where there is the onset of acne. Furthermore, cucumber can also be ground and be applied on the face as a facial mask. This helps to clean the bacteria and the dirt that makes way for acne to worsen.
More Tips To Help Your Skin Look Better And Completely Acne-Free
There are more tips to help you stave off the acne symptoms. You can try these tips at home and you will be surprised by how much these tips matter when it comes to getting rid of the condition. Here are the following tips to help your skin have a youthful glow and to prevent the onset of acne:
- Wash your face regularly – Washing your face at least two times a day is important to avoid the onset of acne. It also helps clear the impurities and dirt that may buildup if it is not taken care of early. Use a mild soap when washing your face. Never scrub the skin as it can only worsen the condition.
- Do not pick or burst your pimples – This is of utmost importance, especially if you wish to avoid scarring. Bursting or popping your pimples will only leave a scar once it has dried. Plus, it might lead to more blockage, swelling and redness, which is why it must never be considered.
- Do not touch your face with your hands – Your hands are dirty. In fact, they are among the dirtiest parts of the body, which is why you must never touch your face with your hands. Because your hands are full of dirt and other bacteria, touching your face will only make things worse. If you want to touch your face, then you have to make sure to wash your hands thoroughly. Regular washing of the hands will keep the problem away.
- Give your skin the chance to breathe – If your acne takes place in other parts of your body, such as the shoulders, back or the chest, then you have to make sure to give a little room for them to breathe. This is important, especially if you are fond of wearing tight clothing.
- Always take off the makeup – If you are going to sleep, but you still have a makeup on, then you have to make sure to wash it off. There is a tendency that makeup can clog the pores, which prevents the dirt and the impurities from being released. As much as possible, wash your face.
Avoid the sun – Although the sun is essential for the body as it offers vitamin D, make sure to avoid it during the times when it is at its hottest state. It tends for the skin to produce more sebum, which may likewise cause acne. So, if you wish to avoid acne, you have to stay away from the sun.
Why You Must Consider Getting Rid Of Acne Fast?
If you want to avoid any skin problems from also taking place, make sure to get rid of acne fast. The remedies mentioned here will surely help get rid of the condition. However, if you want to get great results, then you have to be sure to use them on a regular basis. Acne is a disease that must be eliminated right away. This helps regain your confidence and it lets your skin become beautiful the way it has to be.