Some times, taking the prescribed medication is not the best possible course. There are times when natural remedies can solve the problem regarding a particular disease, in this case, urinary tract infection (UTI). You can get rid of UTI even at home. It doesn’t require any doctor’s prescription just to prevent the infection from spreading.
However, make sure to consult your doctor about the natural home remedies. Although, they don’t pose any side effects or adverse results, it is still better if you let your doctors know about the natural remedies that you would use. Take a look at these remedies that will help you get rid of UTI for good.
Proper Management Regarding UTI
1. Drink lots of water – This is basic. Even if you don’t have any health problems, it is a must to drink lots of water each day. In case you have UTI, add more water to your daily consumption. Drinking plenty of water is one of the first things that you can do to prevent UTI. By drinking water, the bacteria causing UTI will be flushed away from the body.
2. UTI pain management using heat – The inflammation and the irritation caused by UTI may bring way to pressure, burning sensation and pain on the affected area. A heating pad can be applied on the affected area for a soothing relief. Make sure that the heat setting is low and never apply it directly to the skin. A maximum of 15 minutes can help prevent pain.
3. Increase vitamin C intake to have a healthy urinary tract – Keeping your urinary tract healthy can help prevent any problems like UTI. One thing to do is to increase the intake of vitamin C. Large amounts of vitamin C in the urinary tract helps make urine more acidic. It can inhibit the bacterial growth, which ultimately prevents UTI.
4. Don’t hold pee – If you have to go, you have to go. Never hold urine as it might only result to bladder irritation. No matter if your urine is just a small amount, it can still flush away bacteria from the body.
5. Avoid eating foods that may irritate the bladder – In general, eat a healthier choice of foods. Some of the bladder irritants that you may consider taking out of your diet are caffeine, spicy foods, alcoholic drinks, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners. You have to concentrate in eating healthy foods, particularly those high in fiber and carbohydrates. They aid in a good digestion.
Remember these tips to help prevent UTI and effectively manage it. Be sure to ask your doctor about these to ensure that no harm will come to your body. Have an overall healthier lifestyle and any health problems will be kept at bay.